Recipe by Chef Derek Poirier, Valrhona Pastry Chef
Category: Cookies & Bars
1 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 ea eggs
2 1/4 cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION
1/2 cup ORELYS 35% Blond Chocolate
1/4 cup almond paste
1/4 cup PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION
2 tsp cream
- Cream the butter and sugar. Then add in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking soda.
- Mix in the coconut, peanuts, and oats. Then add in your chopped PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION and ORELYS 35% Blond Chocolate.
- Roll into a 2 inch diameter log wrapped in plastic wrap, and rest in the refrigerator.
- Melt the PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION. Add the heated cream gradually, whisking to create an emulsion.
- Once the mixture is completely combined and shiny, gradually add this Passion Fruit Ganache to the warmed almond paste. Mix well or use an immersion blender to completely combine.
ASSEMBLY & FINISHING
- Cut the cookie dough into slices.
- Take a small scoop of the INSPIRATION Filling, and place it on the middle of a slice of cookie dough. Place another slice of cookie dough on top to completly sandwich the INSPIRATION Filling. Pinch the edges together.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.